Mad Science is the world’s leading provider of science enrichment activities for children
Working for Mad Science is a unique opportunity to encourage interest in the sciences in young children
through interactive lessons and demonstrations, with an emphasis on having lots of fun!
We require dynamic individuals with big personalities to work part-time in presenting our programmes, including after-school clubs, school holiday camps, in-school workshops and birthday parties. This is a great job for students, teaching assistants, actors and performers, looking for a fulfilling job working with children or anyone seeking valuable classroom and teaching experience.
A science background is beneficial but not essential, as full training will be provided.
To apply for a position as a Mad Science Instructor you must:
• be over 18 years of age
• have past experience working with children
• have a confident, friendly and enthusiastic presentation style
• have a passion for science and teaching children
• have a full driving licence and access to your own car
• be available for at least three afternoons a week to apply for our After School Programmes
Rewards of the job...
• £25 per session, entails a one hour after school class, rising to £30 per session subject to performance
• Weekend Party Staff start at £35 per party, with bonuses for good feedback
• Invaluable experience for your CV, and hours that fit around your other commitments
• Potential for becoming full-time, subject to performance
If you fulfil the above criteria, please click on the Apply Now button below.
“I love working for Mad Science because kids think that I’m a rock star! Kids can’t wait to get to class and learn about science… who would have thought! I like that the job I do makes a difference in their lives.”
“I love working for Mad Science because my official title is “Mad Scientist”! How cool is that! In addition, every week is different! Since you are teaching kids a new class each week, and there are many classes on rotation, it never gets boring. ”
“I love working for Mad Science because I like working with children and seeing their imaginations spark with each experiment! I love it when I do an experiment and they all go "WHOAAAAA!" at the same time. That's exciting."